My Wobble Noggers and I have been at this “downsizing everything to get ready to go to another country” thing for about 3 months now, and we’re in the final stretch. In two days we will have moved into a much smaller home and will be ready to go anywhere in a heartbeat.
Life Tip: The more stuff you have, the bigger a house you need, which costs more, which inspires you to buy more things, which needs a bigger house. Lather, rinse, repeat, then die. Civilization is probably just defined as unambitious hoarding with electricity and nice ceramic pooping bins.
Ironically enough, our hardiness in the US will probably still be wimpy by comparison to the awesome folks we’re going to meet. It’s hard for the most hardcore American survivalist to contend with folks who have to dig a hole every time they need to take care of their business or start making mud when they feel a draft.
One of my personal pet peeves is when people repeat statements so often that they lose some of their gravity and impact. They often become indirect shorthand for other statements. The phrases “we are so blessed” and “the Lord has blessed us” are actually condensed versions of “I have a lot more stuff than I can remember off the top of my head, and I’m aware that other people don’t, but I’m okay with that”.
Christianity Tip: Being a Christian in America is really hard! I’d rather shove a large stubborn pack animal through a small opening. Always grease down any pack animals you try that on.
I have a good friend of mine that my Hooble Floofer and I visited, and we talked about our seemingly psychotic future missionary plans. He made an interesting case for balancing safety alongside faith. Obviously when you have a pregnant wife coming along with you, the situation is drastically different from being a single person signing up for a missionary life.
I know the balance must be struck between safety and faith, but that percentage ratio varies on the person, and a lot of that depends on the person’s actual faith they’ve been given by God (Romans 12:3-8). Paul makes it pretty clear in 1 Corinthians 7 that if you’ve got a wife and niños you should take care of them, but that it’s often a far more spiritually productive endeavor to stay single. I can vouch for that, since a family has all sorts of responsibilities that a singleness doesn’t involve. Diapers, for instance.
Parenting Tip: As much as common sense may dictate, if you brought someone into this world you cannot, in fact, take them out of this world without legal repercussions.
My Honey Bunches of Fluff and I are eagerly looking to raise our little Baby Bumpkin, but we’re facing a bit of pushback from our culture on how we’re handling pregnancy. If the back of James 4 is any indication, we have no idea if we are going to have a baby or it will miscarriage somewhere on the way. I don’t know about you, but I like to get emotionally attached more intimately to things I can guarantee.
Life Tip: The only thing you can guarantee is God and His nature. The rest is just a bunch of volatility that any faithful accountant will render as immaterial.
The Stupid Election
- Everything seems to have died down, and people have come to accept that we now have president-elect Donald Trump.
- 300 former Iraqi police bodies have been found in an ISIS mass grave.
- Pakistan has shut down all 11 Christian-run TV stations in its country.
- Iran is seeing a house-church explosion.
Gender Beliefs Fights
- A UK couple has been barred adoption because of their views on gays.
One World Order Preparation
- The UK has passed a law that requires internet providers to store browsing history going back as far as one year.
- Dinosaurs have been discovered in Brazil to have coexisted with reptiles. Pretty soon they’ll start inferring that dinosaurs were reptiles in a high-oxygen environment that would require a water vapor overhead canopy.
- Other ministry endeavors have inspired me to post the news much less frequently. You can read about my exploits here or expect a more varied potpourri in future posts, including updates to the rest of this site. I encourage you to become a better consumer of the news in the following ways:
- Read the world news more than the local news. The farther the information travels, the less likely it’s meaningless drivel.
- Click on the links to your articles. You’d be amazed how the most reputable news sources will sometimes drop a link that goes back to one of their own articles with sources for that nowhere to be found.
- Avoid 24-hour and local news for your insight into the rest of the world. Most of them have to fill up the airwaves with padding, since not enough happens to fill up every moment with pandemonium-induced viewership.
- If you want my own recommendation, try Albert Mohler or the Christian Post. They’re both solid, though Mr. Mohler seems to be more preoccupied with what’s most popular to discuss.
The Stupid Election
- This volunteer effort of mine is driven by what the press actually says. Though nobody liked either candidate, Trump’s win was largely from the religious right that was thought to be a long-gone demographic. has given none of the actual news room to breathe and get shared.
- It seems that as of this article, the focus of a lot of the US’ news is on Obamacare being repealed and replaced.
- Apparently the liberal and globalist part of the world finds Trump’s election a cause for despair.
Not The Stupid Election
- Colorado is another city that will allow assisted suicide, which has now been politically spun as “aid in dying”. This is becoming morally murky for doctors.
- ISIS continues to put up a stiff fight, and the campaign has seen Mosul fall and ISIS attack elsewhere in Iraq to counter and is fighting with Syria to maintain control of A-Raqqa City. It’s another war/war rumor, so don’t panic.
- There are a group of people called ecosexuals, who believe that having sex with the earth will save it. This was a fringe belief, but is becoming mainstream. Yes, it’s weird.
- North Korea continues to top the charts for worst offenders of human rights. The details evade me, but it’s clear that Christians are a bit more oppressed than the rest.
The Stupid American Election
- Hillary Clinton is swamped with more crazy results of her illegal email dealings.
- If you want the actual stances of the candidates, read this. Most of the rest of the stuff out there is white noise.
- Only vote if you know what you’re doing. Voting is a privilege, not a responsibility.
America’s Non-Election Things
- The Supreme Court is soon deciding whether self-identification of gender determines the right to use any bathroom.
- Texas may cut out creationism come election day.
- Democrat women haven’t been this extreme about abortion for two decades.
- Against the rest of the world’s desires, Israel is building a new settlement in Shiloh, which is in the West Bank, which is kinda-sorta part of Palestine but vague because of politics.
- People are angry about the UN’s declaration that Jerusalem and the Temple Mount have been declared not part of Israel’s past, and are now flooding the UN with Bibles highlighting that fact.
- Christians in North Korea are praying for more Christ-like behavior and Christ’s message sent and not a regime change. Americans should follow that example.
- The United Methodist Church has declared that the Bible is still true about homosexuality. Their title is confusing, though.
- Pope Francis arrived in Sweden to commemorate the Lutheran Reformation to honor the 499th Reformation Day on October 31st. They also have promised a shared Eucharist. This sounds a bit one-world-ey.
- A BBC show got some bad press from showing transgender stuff to 6 year olds.
- Apparently, the UK has parents who are afraid of passing religion on to their children out of a fear of their children being shunned.
- Ontario, Canada has redefined parenting to permit up to 4 parents.
- Nearby, British Columbia has ruled that a Christian law school can’t be denied accreditation over a Biblical stance.
- ISIS is doing horrible things to people who come back into Mosul and their hostages as they get driven out, but the Iraqi Christians have come back. They are also solidifying their culture universally.
- Nigerian government officials are doing horrible things to women and girls that have been displaced by the Boko Haram conflict.
- Venezuela has been starving, and the government is pressuring people to grow their own food.
- Russia intends to increase its military involvement in Syria.
- They’ve uncovered Jesus’ burial bed. They won’t find a body, though.
- An obscure reference in the Bible to Ba’al worship has been confirmed about from an archaeological dig.
- Scientists have found a way to convert carbon dioxide into ethanol. Climate change activists are confused.
- Richard Dawkins is a prominent atheist, and much of the scientific community doesn’t like him.
- Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. – Revelation 21:1-3
The Church vs. The World
- Persecution of Christians is getting worse, and might be up to 3/4 of the world.
- ISIS is showing a video of Christians being executed and their fight in Iraq. They are also finding new ways to be horrifyingly evil. Many Christians have a hard time forgiving them, which shows their complete hatred of all things good. Pray that the Lord wins.
- North Korea is insane on how much they’re persecuting Christians, but Christ is still prevailing. Pray for continued work of the Holy Spirit there.
- Some bakers in Ireland refused to bake a gay wedding cake and were fined. They took it to appeals, and the appeal was repealed, meaning they have to pay on grounds of “[discrimination] on grounds of sexual orientation”. This is controversial, even for homosexuals.
- Pretty soon a child that wants a sex change will be able to do it against the authority of their parents.
- Kentucky is now trying to change their sex education curriculum.
- Houston is now forcing its pastors to turn over their sermons to track gender discrimination.
- Faith in the public square is now becoming taboo.
- Pakistan isn’t doing too well. Apparently being a fair judge against an innocent Christian could get you lynched.
- Religious faith is not as important to the US administration as gender fluidity.
More Proof That The Bible Might Be Right
- A Bolivian wall has dinosaur footprints on it, which adds credibility to the flood account.
- Apparently, spirituality makes people appear more trustworthy.
The World’s Doings
- Sweden thinks that if it gives free driver’s licenses and housing grants that ISIS fighters will stop doing terrorism. This would be true if people were inherently free of sin.
- A town 3 miles from Mosul was liberated from ISIS last Sunday.
- Syria used chemical weapons for the 3rd time. The UN is behaving rather quietly about it.
- The Obama administration is looking to eradicate non-compete agreements, which will allow immoral workers to gut companies of vital resources as they leapfrog through them.
- The US’s debt is getting uglier, and nobody wants to talk about it.
- Insurance companies might start denying coverage to terminally ill people because assisted suicide is a more cost-effective approach. A Christian Swiss nursing home will lose their charitable status unless they start doing assisted suicide.
- Muslim protesters are trying to turn Italy into another Islamic nation.
- Armenia is trying to stop sex-selective abortions, since they now have 115 boys for every 100 girls.
- Transgenderism is still big news. Nothing new there.
Israel vs. The World
- The Palestinian Authority wants to attack Israel and pass a UN resolution to permit it. They’re waiting to do it, further proving Zechariah 12:3. This is in light of a new discovery to disprove that.
- UNESCO has now approved the resolution by a very thin majority that Jerusalem is not part of Israel’s heritage. Stay tuned!
- Israel is now getting blamed for the Holocaust. This would be funny if it weren’t so horrible.
- Hillary Clinton is bringing the heat to the FBI’s director. This scandal has been ludicrous how far it’s reaching, but people still want to vote for her.
- Trump and Clinton are about as oblivious to Christian persecution as most of the rest of America.
- The election idiocy isn’t confined to the US, it also includes Austria’s politics.
- If you’re really a Christian, you’ll remember that every kingdom should be subject to Christ’s kingdom.
The Church Changing The World
- Porn is becoming a big deal with the non-Christian world, and this movement is inspired by Christian values.
- A New Jersey megachurch had a large prayer meeting. This is always the precursor to bigger future things.
- Folks are still converting to Christ in Georgia.
- Christians are also congregating in New York for Movement Day.
- Dallas churches successfully reconciled a lot of the racism and hatred after the recent 5 cop shootings.
- Zhang Heng, a Chinese pastor, got healed by praying to Jesus and converted his entire atheist family.
In Other News
- Jesus’ burial chamber was opened again after 500 years. There are still no signs of the body.
The Stupid Presidential Election
- Trump has apparently implied that he won’t accept a loss against Hillary, which may be unconstitutional. Pray that God’s will is done.
- Apparently, if the natural progress of war in Iraq happens, Hillary could get a boost in ratings. This is despite the fact that her email leak links her to some nasty terrorism stuff. Pray that God’s will is done.
- According to the raw data, the polls show a close tie with Trump slightly ahead that corresponds closely with the end of the final debate, but the media is declaring Hillary the winner already. Pray that you and your loved ones don’t get wrapped up in this frantic idiocy, and this analysis may help you vote more easily.
- Last week’s UNESCO resolution denying Israel’s connection with the Western Wall and Temple Mount was re-voted and passed again. In response, Israel’s Minister of Foreign Affairs released a “UNESCO Bible” video. Pray for God’s mercy on the ones that oppose Israel.
- Mosul is being invaded right now. It’s the last part of Iraq that ISIS still controls after losing the symbolic town of Dabiq, and ISIS will fight bitterly to keep it. Pray that the fighting will slow down a bit.
- Russia is deploying a massive Navy to Syria. I’m sure they’ll just leave afterwards, like they did with Poland and Ukraine in the past.
- Planned Parenthood is now 100 years old, and has prevented 6,803,782 babies from being born. To celebrate, a federal court ruled that Christian pregnancy centers must inform pregnant women about abortion options. Pray that Christ comes soon.
- Speaking of parenthood, the new redefinition of marriage requires a redefinition of parent, which New York is starting to play around with.
- America’s workforce is dwindling from many unmotivated men. Pray that they learn about a purpose beyond the elusive and vague American dream.
- Apparently educators are thinking
- Gender education might soon be taught separately from sex education. This is mixed with further complications of gender identity that come from the transgender bathroom law. Pray that those in Christ don’t get deluded about gender identity with the rest of the world.
- America has lost a lot of its shiny dominance, and we’re on the precipice of a major power shift. Pray for peace as we all ride this out.
The Rest Of The World
- Sweden has now opened up its first atheist cemetery. This would be funny if it weren’t so depressing. People are dying to get in! Eternally!
- I was wrong. I said InterVarsity was firing its employees over their view of traditional marriage. Apparently Time was wrong about reporting it, but that’s not stopping the Society of Biblical Literature from banning them from participating in their event. Pray that the true body of Christ gets drawn out and separated from the nonbelievers and heretics that use the same social label.
- A number of Christians who are genuine enough to admit they have unwanted homosexual desires have banded together to create a big storytelling project.
- Atheists are steamed about a movie recounting and dramatizing the Columbine massacre. Pay attention to the label of Christian Persecution Complex (CPC) if you do get legitimately oppressed for your faith.
Scientists can now grow live animals from artificial eggs. Get ready for literal test tube babies and the ethical implications that it comes with.
- There was a very large DDoS attack (a type of hacking that shuts down websites). No idea why, but I’m sure it’s connected to that ICANN web domain movement somehow.
- Israeli settlements in the West Bank are considered an obstacle to peace and the US is blasting their decision. They fail to mention that Israel’s existence is also an obstacle to peace.
- UNESCO, the cultural control center of the UN, has declared that the Temple Mount and Western Wall aren’t connected to Jews. They’ve apologized since then, but this is a pretty bold declaration against Jews that others are defending.
- Turkey and Russia are arranging for a gas deal in Syria as tensions fade.
- Vladimir Putin is having all Russian officials to leave America. This could be for a planned war invasion. The US is also planning a possible cyber strike.
- Assisted suicide is trending as a new “human rights” movement.
US Presidential Election
- Hillary Clinton was paid a lot of money to speak for Goldman Sachs, and Wikileaks released the speech transcripts and emails. There are a few implicating things in them.
- Trump had a 2005 tape released about him talking on how he could get away with sexual assault because of how famous he was. This has overshadowed the second presidential debate, which was shameful to Christians.
America’s Divided Church
- American Christians aren’t sharing the Gospel, and it’s destroying America.
- InterVarsity is facing backlash for its decision to defend its stance about gay marriage.
- 25 fragments of the Dead Sea Scrolls have been released by archaeologists. Apparently, nothing scandalous has come from revisions in the Bible. This informally proves its authenticity.
- There are about 10-20 times more galaxies in the universe than previously thought. God obviously likes to show off.
- A study has released a list of the top 100 growing churches. The Gospel is clearly being preached still!
- Natalie Grant and others are voicing their opinions that being relevant as a Christian isn’t as important as being honest.
- China is cracking down on their education system in light of mass Christian influence. This means that the government is scared of God working.
Homosexuality vs. Christianity
- Apparently the Navy is afraid of a PR backlash, and has now decided to rename all of their decades-old titles to non-gender-discriminating things.
- There was a debate in the Society for Christian Philosophers. Their president made something like an apology, which is a PR backlash from the Christians who don’t like gay marriage.
- InterVarsity is a very large college club, and they will fire everyone in their organization who sympathizes with gay activism. They are obviously not afraid of a PR backlash!
- The UK now has more people identifying as bisexual than gay. They’re all confused.
- A very popular TV show called Modern Family is bringing around an 8-year-old transgender child actor.
- Duke University is trying to create a “safe space” for men to consider their toxic masculinity. Apparently some of the more masculine traits like valuing effectiveness over finesse and delivering content over context are sexist now.
US Presidential Stuff
- Kaine and Pence, the vice presidential nominees, got to debate. It was stupid.
- Side agreements were apparently made involving this Clinton email scandal. The closely tied polls are nearly unbelievable with this carpet thread-pulling of scandals.
- To make things even, Trump has a scandal about his 1995 tax return where his failed businesses permitted him to not pay any taxes. This is more of a tribute to our convoluted tax system than Trump’s immorality.
- Anyone who says this election doesn’t matter hasn’t been paying attention to the US Supreme Court nomination the President will fill. This will tilt the balance significantly.
- As evidenced by this current election, America’s culture is in decline, and many analysts connect it to removing religion from its base values.
- Why porn is being consumed is extremely important in the consequences it brings. If it’s an escape from life, it becomes an idol.
Islam vs. The World
- Dabiq, Syria is an important prophetic town for Islam, and a coalition of forces is about to try taking it from the Islamic State. This is the type of thing that makes them hate the West, but the West dying is a mercy killing anyway.
- The British press are now being ordered by the EU to not indicate when terrorist attacks are from Muslims. I’m sure this will prevent further terrorism.
Israel vs. The World
- Russia has added hundreds of nuclear missiles during a nuclear reduction deal. Their primary target is the Golan Heights, which may have oil under it.
- Ethiopians are now moving back into Israel after a few years’ break from it.
- This expansion of population, along with others, is bringing settlements into the West Bank, and Obama and the New York Times hate it.
Human Rights Violations To Pray For
- People are rioting in the streets in Poland for the right to kill their unborn babies. Pray that they learn the true value of a human life.
- France is now penalizing pro-life groups that “deliberately deceive” potential mothers. Apparently the right to kill your child is now the baseline and talking to them about other options is extremism now.
- Global warming may or may not be a thing, but it’s a great way to gain governmental control because of how hard it is to measure. Our president is praising a Paris climate summit that gives that opportunity.
- The Hyde Amendment prevented the US government from funding abortions directly, and that has saved 2 million babies. Hillary Clinton vows to change that.
- Russia is about to see the true gospel of Christ preached. Their government is trying to enforce their anti-evangelism laws. They obviously didn’t read up on the ancient Roman empire.
- Yahoo! corporation had secretly given full permission for the US government to scan all the email of their users. It’s scary to imagine this happening without a free speech culture in place.
- There is hard science that says that humanity can’t live consistently past 115, but they’re clearly still trying! Death overtakes us all, though thankfully not as frequently as taxes.
- Australia is now the first country to start microchipping its public. This isn’t directly connected to Revelation 13, but all the Christians are going to look like idiots when 99% of the world is already “upgraded” out of their own choice. Remember, a universal social security number system was considered controversial at one time.
- Hurricane Matthew has hit Florida after killing 800 people in Haiti, and is traveling through Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Apparently the Paris agreement was meant to stop it somehow, though that seems rather audacious to believe.
- Five years ago an earthquake caused a tsunami that made a nuclear power plant have a meltdown in Fukushima, Japan. It still leaks 300 tons of nuclear waste daily into the ocean. Today the entire Pacific seaboard has had the natural ecosystem damaged and the radiation is affecting the American coastline. This will not be the end of this story.
- Bees have now been placed on the endangered species list in Hawaii, effective 10/31. Some organisms are more vital than others for an ecosystem, and bees are necessary for many plants to reproduce, which is a big deal.
- California is sitting on a very likely large earthquake soon. This could be media fear-mongering, though. We know much less about our own earth than we do about outer space.
Imploding Church Culture
- An Episcopal church can’t seem to decide whether it wants to endorse or shun a strange and repulsive image of a naked female Jesus being crucified.
- The United Church of Canada is extremely divided over whether an atheist minister should be dismissed. This really feels like a non-issue, but is a big deal if you believe that being moralistic connects somehow to getting to heaven.
- The Christian church is waking up to the reality that globalism is demonic and not just natural, though I would argue that everything demonic is just a super-powered natural state of carnal man.
- Liberal organizations are starting to fight back about the completely insane standards of creating an insulated box on college campuses to protect students from unspoken or vaguely clarified discrimination. Discrimination is as common and theologically controversial a part of life as sin, pain, loneliness and the entire concept of money.
- Hordes of Christians are converting daily in the Middle East. This is extremely encouraging if you are a fan of God doing good things.
Stupid Stuff Everyone Else Covers
- There was a Benghazi scandal a few years ago with David Petraus. Hillary Clinton is now in trouble for deleting 1,000 emails about that scandal, among other bad things. Her polls are toe-to-toe with a reality show star to lead the wealthiest country in the world which is consistent with America’s first post-Christian debate. Watch any presidential debate from the 1980s to see how far we’ve come.
- Deutsche Bank isn’t looking very healthy, and right now everyone’s hesitant and waiting on the next US president. This makes most of Q1, Q2 and Q3 2016 look rather bad for investors, but everyone seems to forget that the economy slumps every election.
- Wales has released a new report that Muslims are not interested in getting jobs there though they live there. They think that it requires more catering to them, but they’re more likely trying to find an excuse for jihad.
- Jordanian Islam is getting a bit extreme, and a writer was killed for commenting on it.
- Some Afghans undergoing US military training have suddenly disappeared. This is a national security concern.
- Obama slipped up and called Israel “Palestinian lands”. This makes his anti-Semitism slightly more noticeable than normal.
- Netanyahu and Abbas are at it again with peace talks. It probably won’t go anywhere again, but valiant effort on the Jews’ side. Now we just need to see Arabs not blowing up Jews and we’ll be great!
Wars & War Rumors
- India and Pakistan are on the brink of all-out war. The first shots were fired. Though this might be distressing, it’s a nice change of pace from the USA’s black culture getting hypersensitively racist and Islams all ganging up on Israel.
Signs Of The Times
- The Internet’s DNS will be handed over to an international authority from United States control as of 9/30/16 to ICANN. Nothing will change until the Revelation 13 government decides to impose forbidden speech laws.
- A new Christian-funded study has found out that Christians are pretty dang confused. This is consistent with 2 Timothy 3. In the next few months my ambition is to set that record straight!
- The first 3-parent healthy baby was born recently, NOT the way God intended.
- SpaceX reveals a really big rocket to travel to Mars and China has a shiny new telescope. This is a repeat of the Tower of Babel.
- North Korea is crushing Christians under steamrollers, pushing them off bridges, trampling them and crucifying them. The UN is silent on this issue as it attacks Israel over their constant “killing in self-defense” problems.
- There are a growing number of exorcisms being requested. Expect this trend to continue upward then spike downward as Christians become an oppressed minority.
- Facebook, Amazon, Google, Microsoft and IBM come together to create the Partnership on AI. It’s very one-world-government-sounding, and once it gains enough power or directs power to something will likely be used for malevolent purposes.
- Claremont McKenna, Yale and Berkeley have just done a study that proves that being inspired by nature actually makes it harder to be atheist. They like to be cute and use the word science instead of atheism.
- A black church and a white church have merged in North Carolina. Racial tensions have been fierce in Charlotte, and it’s clearly God telling people to stop being racist.