The Stupid American Election
- Hillary Clinton is swamped with more crazy results of her illegal email dealings.
- If you want the actual stances of the candidates, read this. Most of the rest of the stuff out there is white noise.
- Only vote if you know what you’re doing. Voting is a privilege, not a responsibility.
America’s Non-Election Things
- The Supreme Court is soon deciding whether self-identification of gender determines the right to use any bathroom.
- Texas may cut out creationism come election day.
- Democrat women haven’t been this extreme about abortion for two decades.
- Against the rest of the world’s desires, Israel is building a new settlement in Shiloh, which is in the West Bank, which is kinda-sorta part of Palestine but vague because of politics.
- People are angry about the UN’s declaration that Jerusalem and the Temple Mount have been declared not part of Israel’s past, and are now flooding the UN with Bibles highlighting that fact.
- Christians in North Korea are praying for more Christ-like behavior and Christ’s message sent and not a regime change. Americans should follow that example.
- The United Methodist Church has declared that the Bible is still true about homosexuality. Their title is confusing, though.
- Pope Francis arrived in Sweden to commemorate the Lutheran Reformation to honor the 499th Reformation Day on October 31st. They also have promised a shared Eucharist. This sounds a bit one-world-ey.
- A BBC show got some bad press from showing transgender stuff to 6 year olds.
- Apparently, the UK has parents who are afraid of passing religion on to their children out of a fear of their children being shunned.
- Ontario, Canada has redefined parenting to permit up to 4 parents.
- Nearby, British Columbia has ruled that a Christian law school can’t be denied accreditation over a Biblical stance.
- ISIS is doing horrible things to people who come back into Mosul and their hostages as they get driven out, but the Iraqi Christians have come back. They are also solidifying their culture universally.
- Nigerian government officials are doing horrible things to women and girls that have been displaced by the Boko Haram conflict.
- Venezuela has been starving, and the government is pressuring people to grow their own food.
- Russia intends to increase its military involvement in Syria.
- They’ve uncovered Jesus’ burial bed. They won’t find a body, though.
- An obscure reference in the Bible to Ba’al worship has been confirmed about from an archaeological dig.
- Scientists have found a way to convert carbon dioxide into ethanol. Climate change activists are confused.
- Richard Dawkins is a prominent atheist, and much of the scientific community doesn’t like him.
- Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. – Revelation 21:1-3