Homosexuality vs. Christianity
- Apparently the Navy is afraid of a PR backlash, and has now decided to rename all of their decades-old titles to non-gender-discriminating things.
- There was a debate in the Society for Christian Philosophers. Their president made something like an apology, which is a PR backlash from the Christians who don’t like gay marriage.
- InterVarsity is a very large college club, and they will fire everyone in their organization who sympathizes with gay activism. They are obviously not afraid of a PR backlash!
- The UK now has more people identifying as bisexual than gay. They’re all confused.
- A very popular TV show called Modern Family is bringing around an 8-year-old transgender child actor.
- Duke University is trying to create a “safe space” for men to consider their toxic masculinity. Apparently some of the more masculine traits like valuing effectiveness over finesse and delivering content over context are sexist now.
US Presidential Stuff
- Kaine and Pence, the vice presidential nominees, got to debate. It was stupid.
- Side agreements were apparently made involving this Clinton email scandal. The closely tied polls are nearly unbelievable with this carpet thread-pulling of scandals.
- To make things even, Trump has a scandal about his 1995 tax return where his failed businesses permitted him to not pay any taxes. This is more of a tribute to our convoluted tax system than Trump’s immorality.
- Anyone who says this election doesn’t matter hasn’t been paying attention to the US Supreme Court nomination the President will fill. This will tilt the balance significantly.
- As evidenced by this current election, America’s culture is in decline, and many analysts connect it to removing religion from its base values.
- Why porn is being consumed is extremely important in the consequences it brings. If it’s an escape from life, it becomes an idol.
Islam vs. The World
- Dabiq, Syria is an important prophetic town for Islam, and a coalition of forces is about to try taking it from the Islamic State. This is the type of thing that makes them hate the West, but the West dying is a mercy killing anyway.
- The British press are now being ordered by the EU to not indicate when terrorist attacks are from Muslims. I’m sure this will prevent further terrorism.
Israel vs. The World
- Russia has added hundreds of nuclear missiles during a nuclear reduction deal. Their primary target is the Golan Heights, which may have oil under it.
- Ethiopians are now moving back into Israel after a few years’ break from it.
- This expansion of population, along with others, is bringing settlements into the West Bank, and Obama and the New York Times hate it.
Human Rights Violations To Pray For
- People are rioting in the streets in Poland for the right to kill their unborn babies. Pray that they learn the true value of a human life.
- France is now penalizing pro-life groups that “deliberately deceive” potential mothers. Apparently the right to kill your child is now the baseline and talking to them about other options is extremism now.
- Global warming may or may not be a thing, but it’s a great way to gain governmental control because of how hard it is to measure. Our president is praising a Paris climate summit that gives that opportunity.
- The Hyde Amendment prevented the US government from funding abortions directly, and that has saved 2 million babies. Hillary Clinton vows to change that.
- Russia is about to see the true gospel of Christ preached. Their government is trying to enforce their anti-evangelism laws. They obviously didn’t read up on the ancient Roman empire.
- Yahoo! corporation had secretly given full permission for the US government to scan all the email of their users. It’s scary to imagine this happening without a free speech culture in place.
- There is hard science that says that humanity can’t live consistently past 115, but they’re clearly still trying! Death overtakes us all, though thankfully not as frequently as taxes.
- Australia is now the first country to start microchipping its public. This isn’t directly connected to Revelation 13, but all the Christians are going to look like idiots when 99% of the world is already “upgraded” out of their own choice. Remember, a universal social security number system was considered controversial at one time.
- Hurricane Matthew has hit Florida after killing 800 people in Haiti, and is traveling through Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Apparently the Paris agreement was meant to stop it somehow, though that seems rather audacious to believe.
- Five years ago an earthquake caused a tsunami that made a nuclear power plant have a meltdown in Fukushima, Japan. It still leaks 300 tons of nuclear waste daily into the ocean. Today the entire Pacific seaboard has had the natural ecosystem damaged and the radiation is affecting the American coastline. This will not be the end of this story.
- Bees have now been placed on the endangered species list in Hawaii, effective 10/31. Some organisms are more vital than others for an ecosystem, and bees are necessary for many plants to reproduce, which is a big deal.
- California is sitting on a very likely large earthquake soon. This could be media fear-mongering, though. We know much less about our own earth than we do about outer space.
Imploding Church Culture
- An Episcopal church can’t seem to decide whether it wants to endorse or shun a strange and repulsive image of a naked female Jesus being crucified.
- The United Church of Canada is extremely divided over whether an atheist minister should be dismissed. This really feels like a non-issue, but is a big deal if you believe that being moralistic connects somehow to getting to heaven.
- The Christian church is waking up to the reality that globalism is demonic and not just natural, though I would argue that everything demonic is just a super-powered natural state of carnal man.
- Liberal organizations are starting to fight back about the completely insane standards of creating an insulated box on college campuses to protect students from unspoken or vaguely clarified discrimination. Discrimination is as common and theologically controversial a part of life as sin, pain, loneliness and the entire concept of money.
- Hordes of Christians are converting daily in the Middle East. This is extremely encouraging if you are a fan of God doing good things.